Using Aluminum foil to extend your wifi range.
Wi-Fi is an essential component for everyone these days as our works almost rely on the internet. However, the current generation is very busy with a hectic schedule, and it is very hard to work on the sluggish internet connection. Weak Wi-Fi signal is a common problem, especially if the router location is distant from the receiver device, to maintain signal strength there’s a simple and easy way to increase your Wi-Fi signal strength.
- Simply tear off a small, rectangular piece of foil and fold down the edges to create a “frame.”
- Then, bend the foil into a slightly curved shape (a parabola) and place the foil behind your Wi-Fi router’s antennae.
- The aluminum foil will reflect the wireless signals by making the signal focus into the selected directions of your house.
- If your router is mounted on a wall, you can just make holes in the Aluminium foil and insert the foil into the holes of the antenna.
- After placing the aluminum foil behind your router, you can observe the change in the Wi-Fi signal strength.