BO Motor stands for Battery Operated Motor. A DC motor with the gearbox attached to the shaft, which is mechanically commutated electric motor powered from direct current (DC). Generally used in DIY projects, Battery operated toys, Radio controlled vehicles, Robotic projects etc.
The BO motor has the Capability to absorb shock and vibration as a result of elastic compliance and the ability to operate with minimum or no lubrication, due to inherent lubricity. They have a relatively low coefficient of friction. The Corrosion is avoided by plating, or protective coatings. There will not be much noise.
Specification & Features
- RPM: 100
- Operating Voltage: 3V – 9V
- Uncommitted motors: Homopolar motors.
- Magnet types: ferrite magnets.
- Torque: Approximate 2.5Kg/cm.
- Low density: lightweight, low inertia.
- Gear materials: plastic.
- Motor types: permanent-magnet.
- Brush-type: Brush.
- Consistency with the trend to greater use of plastic housings and other components.