Desolder is used to remove soldered components to troubleshoot them.
Desoldering tools and materials include the following:
- Solder wick
- Heat Guns also called hot air guns
- Desoldering pump
- Removal alloys
- Removal fluxes
- Heated soldering tweezers
- Various picks and tweezers for tasks such as pulling at, holding, removing, and scraping components.
- Vacuum and pressure pumps with specialized heater tips and nozzles
- Rework stations used to repair printed circuit board assemblies that fail factory test.