GP2Y1010AU0F is an optical air quality sensor, a protocol to sense dust particles. An infrared emitting diode and a phototransistor are diagonally settling into this device, to allow it to detect the reflected light of dust in the air. It is especially effective in detecting very fine particles like cigarette smoke and is commonly used in air purifier systems.
The sensor has a very low current consumption (20mA max, 11mA typical), and powered with up to 7VDC. The output of the sensor is an analog voltage proportional to the measured dust density, with a sensitivity of 0.5V/0.1mg/m3.
- Power supply voltage: DC5 2V
- Operating Current: 20mA (peak)
- Working temperature: -10 ~ 65
- Storage temperature: -20 ~ 80
- Sensitivity: 0.5V / (0.1mg / m3)
- The minimum detection level of particles: 0.8 m
- Clean air voltage: 0.9V typ.